Saint Augustine's Cathedral

                                     

St. Augustine's Parish was established in 1842. The cornerstone for the present church was laid in 1866 and the completed church was dedicated by Bishop McFarland on St. Patrick's Day  in 1868. It became a cathedral when the Diocese of Bridgeport was established in 1953.

The edifice went through a major 4 million dollar renovation in 2003 and the capacity was expanded to 750 people. The project was finished in 2004 with new marble tiles, repainted ceilings, a new altar, and other projects. Archbishop Gabriel Montalvo, Apostolic Nuncio to the United States, celebrated the Mass. Bishop William E. Lori and 12 other bishops from around New England.

Today, along wit St. Patrick's Church they form The Cathedral Parish of Bridgeport, which includes Masses in English, Spanish, Vietnamese and Igbo-Nigerian.

 

 

 Saint Augustine Cathedral is located at 399 Washington Avenue in    Bridgeport, Connecticut.

 

Online Giving

Online Giving

Secure and Convenient Donate now!